Helpful Websites and Travel Guides

Canadian International Education Websites & Transfer Guides

  • BCCAT (BC Council on Admissions and Transfer)
  • BCCIE (BC Council for International Education)
  • CBIE (Canadian Bureau for International Education)

Passport Information & Foreign Representatives

Health & Safety

History & Statistics

Travel Guides

Passport, Study Permits & Visas


In order to enter your destination country and to apply for a student visa, you will need to have a valid passport. 

Gathering all the documents required for a passport application can take a significant amount of time. Passport processing times can also be quite lengthy so please ensure that you apply for your passport as soon as possible. If you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply online at the Passport Canada.

If you already have a passport, it must be valid for at least 6 months after your expected return date to Canada in order to facilitate entry into your destination country.

Study Permits/Visas

In order to spend an extended amount of time studying in a different country, you may be required to get a study permit or visa before entering your destination country. Each country's requirements are different. To find out what the requirements are for your destination country contact your destination country's visa office in Canada.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate documents to enter and stay in your destination country for the duration of your exchange. Processing times for visa applications can be quite lengthy. Please apply for any required documents at least 3 months before your departure date.