Are you currently taking Mandarin 12 at your high school? If you are, you may be eligible for the $500 BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese!
In order to be eligible to apply for this award, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in BC
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2017)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in BC
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in BC with a minimum course grade of 86% – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a letter grade of B or higher (i.e., 73% and above) in all completed Grade 11 courses
Check with your school today to see if you are eligible to be nominated for this award!
The nomination period closes March 31, 2017.
For more information including how to apply, visit the BC Government’s International Education Scholarships page.