Duration of Program:
Itinerary (Subject to change)
Date of Departure: June 2
Three nights in Hong Kong (June 3-6)
- Attend lecture at University of Hong Kong
- Receive briefing session from Hong Kong's financial authority
- Stay in hotel with easy access to major shopping districts
- Enjoy the "must-see" night view of Hong Kong's famous Victoria Harbour
Four nights in Shenzhen (June 6-10)
- Live on campus at Shenzhen Polytechnic
- Dining provided in student cafeteria
- Lecture series on business and culture on campus
- Cultural experiences
- Visit local businesses
Shenzhen: Home of HQ for Huawei, Tencent (WeChat), and other major national companies
10 nights in Seoul, and 2 nights in Busan (June 10-22)
- Stay in centralized area with convenient transportation to major sites in Seoul
- Lecture series on business and culture at Yonsei and Seoul National Universities
- Cultural experiences
- Visit major Korean corporations
- Day tour and field trips
- Travel by train to Busan down south to witness the 9th largest port in the world
- Free time in the evenings to visit popular districts (Gangnam, MyeongDong, Insadong, etc.)
- Optional tours to travel to DMZ (De-Militarized Zone [border of South and North Korea])
Date of Return: Jun 22 (option to deviate and continue on personal travel)
Immerse in China’s Business and Historical Culture
May 1-11, 2017 Pre-Departure Orientation and Lectures at Langara (2 weeks)
May 15-June 3, 2017 in China (3 weeks)
$2,689 (Subject to fluctuation due to change in itinerary and/or exchange rate)
LOWER FEE: $1,939 --The subsidy will be limited to the first 20 applicants. (Fee is subject to fluctuation due to change in itinerary and/or exchange rate)
NOTE: Generous awards and scholarships are available to all qualified applicants. Please contact Kenneth Wong or Financial Aid office for more information.
International Business 2000: Introduction to International Business AND Asian Studies 1225: Contemporary China
Total: 6 University-Transfer Credits
Instructors Kenneth Wong and Li Yu will lead you through an 19-day itinerary to Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Kunming in Yunnan Province, packed full of experiential learning through visits to local businesses, as well as historical and cultural sites.
Shanghai, the financial centre of China, brings together the old and new in one mega metropolitan city.
Hangzhou, host of G-20 Summit 2016, is a showcase of Chinese culture with both architecture and natural sceneries, including the famous West Lake.
Kunming, a.k.a. the "Spring City", is a popular destination for its mild climate, even in the summer. It is also home to some of the largest agricultural industries in the country.
The Yunnan Agricultural University will offer a lecture series, complete with cultural experiences. Students will live on campus while in Kunming, and therefore have plenty of opportunities to interact with local students and instructors. Most weekends and evenings will be kept free for your personal exploration.