Share your study abroad experiences by entering into our Third Annual British Columbia Study Abroad (BCSA) Contest!
The Grand Prize is a GoPro camera, courtesy of Study and Go Abroad. Thank you for sponsoring us Study and Go Abroad!
HOW IT WORKS
Submit a blog post, photo album or video to win a GoPro camera!
- Each photo gallery (5-10 photos) will count as one entry into the contest.
- Each blog post will count as two entries into the contest *maximum 400 words. Must be original and unpublished.
- Each video (between 1 and 3 minutes long) will count as three entries into the contest.
You can enter into the contest as many times as you want but please submit only one entry per day. The deadline for all submissions is November 15, 2016. Winners will be announced in December.
BCSA and the BCSA Contest are administered by the British Columbia Council for International Education.
1.) You must be studying, or have studied, at an eligible public or independent high school in BC, or at a public or private post-secondary institution in BC that is Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designated. If you are unsure whether your school is EQA-designated please click here.
2.) You must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry OR have legal guardian permission (to be completed in the submission form.)
3.) Entries must be original (created by the entrant) and in English.
4.) Entries must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark, and right of publicity. Do not use any third-party trademarks, company names or logos.
5.) By entering the contest, you agree to grant the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE) permission to use your photos, video and/or blog post for all StudyinBC, BCCIE, or BCSA promotional purposes - including but not limited to print and online channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
6.) Content that is inappropriate or off-topic will not be considered for entry into prize draws.
Disclaimer: The BC Council for International Education (BCCIE) does not take responsibility for any infringement of copyright laws and regulations by the contributors through their submitted content. BCCIE will endeavour to a reasonable extent to ensure no infringement takes place prior to publishing any content. However, it is the responsibility of the contributor to disclose the names of any and all authors for each submitted piece.
Photo categories – Please note that you must submit a minimum of 5 high-quality and non-blurry photos in one of the following categories to be eligible to win the GoPro camera
- Festivals and food
- Natural and urban landscapes
- Culture, society and people
- Adventures and activities
The following are suggestions for blog entry submissions:
- Your general experience studying abroad
- Unique cultural event(s) that you attended
- Your experience with culture shock and how you got through it!
- A touching experience you had with someone outside of your field school program
- A day in the life of...
- Something new you have learned (or are learning) about yourself while studying abroad
- Something new you have learned (or are learning) about the place you are studying in
- How you chose your program (or advice on how to choose a program)
- Tips on how to travel on a student budget
The following are suggestions for video entry submissions:
- 7 x 7 x 7 challenge. 7 clips of 7 second videos taken on 7 different days
- Travel highlights
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com