Study in Scotland in Summer 2020!
Earn 9 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only 7 weeks' time!
- ENGL 1109: Studies in Fiction, Poetry and Drama (3 credits) - Jason Bourget
- HIST 1165: Health and Medicine in History (3 credits) - Sally Mennill
- SOCI 1155: Social Issues (3 credits) - Joey Moore
Study 4 weeks here, 1 week in London, and 2.5 weeks based at the University of Edinburgh!
|Tues. Sept. 24||
11:00am - 12:00pm
|Tues. Oct. 29||
11:00am - 12:00pm
New Westminster Campus
|Thurs. Sept. 26||
12:00 - 1:00pm
|Thurs. Oct. 31||
12:00 - 1:00pm
- Monday, May 4 - Four weeks of classes start at Douglas College
- Sunday, May 31 - Group departure to London
- Monday, June 1 - Group arrival in London. Highlights include a play at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, the British Museum, and Platform 9 ¾.
- Sunday, June 7 - Group departure to Edinburgh. Accommodation and classes at the University of Edinburgh. Highlights include visits to Edinburgh, Stirling, and Tantallon Castles, Mary King’s Close, and Surgeons’ Hall Museums.
- Wednesday, June 24 - End of program. Group members are free to return home or start personal travel
*Subject to change
Program Fee: Estimated at $3,700
- airport transfer on arrival in London
- a UK public transit "Oyster Card" with £35.00 value
- shared hotel accommodation in London; dormitory accommodation in Edinburgh
- all breakfasts, some lunches
- admission to all program-related events and sites, plus others listed on Historic Scotland pass (for use on weekends)
- rail transportation on program-related trips
- passport application*
- UK visa application**
- tuition and other Douglas College student fees
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers in Vancouver
- some lunches, all dinners
- airport transfer after the program ends in Edinburgh
- personal spending
*Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months after you return to Canada. For example, if you plan to come home on July 1, 2020, your passport needs to be valid at least until January 1, 2021.
**For the purpose of attending the Scotland Field School, Canadian students normally do not need to apply for a UK visa. However, non-Canadian students may need to, and obtain one, before departure. Visit here for more information. Passport holders of visa-exempt countries, including Canada, are advised to have with them the same documents needed to apply for a visa, in case asked for by UK border officers. All students going on field school will be given a dean-issued endorsement letter prior to departure.
- $6,500 for domestic students
- $10,800 for international students
- plus spending money
- Application form coming soon! Contact A non-refundable $500 deposit is due when submitting application. Please pay at either:
Payment can be made by cheque to "Douglas College", debit card, VISA card, or Mastercard.
- Application: Friday, November 29
- Flight booking and payment: soon after application deadline. Accepted applicants will be notified.
- Program Fee and Tuition Fee payment:
- International Students - Monday, April 6
- Domestic Students - Tuesday, April 14
Student accepted to the 2020 Scotland Field School will be registered by the Registrar's Office sometime during the registration period for Summer 2020 (March 10 - 27).
International Programs Awards/Scholarships
Douglas College students may be eligible for a $750 to $2,000 award/scholarship!
- A minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA is required
- Application form coming soon! Contact email@example.com to be put on the notification list.
- Scholarship application deadline: Friday, January 31
Not a Douglas College student? No problem!
We welcome applications from students of other Canadian post-secondary institutions! Visiting students need to apply for admission to Douglas College preferably before February 2020.
For more information, click here.
U-Pass BC Program
Please note that students registered in field school courses will be opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the Summer 2020 semester.
Karen Ng, Global Engagement, Douglas College International, Room S2805, New Westminster Campus, 604-527-5844