We have collaborated with Study and Go Abroad to offer the Stories from Abroad Scholarship. Apply now for a chance to receive $1000!
Your eligibility to apply for this scholarship is based on the following:
- You are currently enrolled at a BCSA Consortium institution
- You are currently enrolled in a short-term study abroad program or have been accepted into a short-term study abroad program between September - December 2018
How to apply
Please download our application checklist and email the application materials in one PDF with the subject line reading "Stories from Abroad: British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship Application" to email@example.com
In return for the $1000 scholarship the chosen student will need to submit the following to be uploaded onto our BCSA Blog:
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) pre-departure
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) throughout the duration of the study abroad program
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) once the study abroad program has finished and the student has returned to BC
- 8-10 high resolution photos (in JPEG format) upon completion of the student’s study abroad program. In an accompanying Word document, supply the following information for each photo: Image File Name, Location (Geotag), Caption
- A short presentation at the student's home institution once back in BC
Application Deadline: Friday, October 26, 2018
Please ask your international advisor or visit your institution’s Student Awards and Financial Aid website for more information.
The Government of Mexico is offering scholarships to Canadians for study or research at participating Mexican post-secondary institutions.
- Program name: Foreign Government Awards - Mexico
- Funding organizations: Government of Mexico
- Target audiences: Canadian students and researchers at the undergraduate, Master’s, doctoral or postdoctoral level
- Number of scholarships: 27
- Duration: Varies based on level of study
- Inclusions: Airfare, domestic transportation, tuition fees, accommodation and tuition fees for a language course, living allowance, health insurance
Deadline: September 28, 2018.
All inquiries regarding this program should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-237-4820.
ICETEX, the Colombian Institute for Education Loans and Study Abroad, offers several programs which allow foreign citizens to study or participate in different kind of academic and research activities in Colombia, including:
Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara has launched a competition under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) – New Zealand for Canadian students and researchers to pursue doctoral studies that lead to a degree in New Zealand.
- Program name: Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) – New Zealand
- Funding organization: New Zealand CSFP Committee
- Target audiences: Canadian students and researchers
- Number of scholarships: Up to 8 for both Canada and the United Kingdom
- Duration: One academic year
- Inclusions: Airfare, approved tuition and compulsory fees, medical and travel insurance, annual grant
- Deadline: July 10, 2018
For full program details and to submit an online application, visit: Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) – New Zealand. Read a testimonial from a former recipient.
All inquiries regarding this scholarship program should be directed to: email@example.com