Duration of Program:
Travel dates: May 7th – May 23rd 2018*
*Travel dates subject to minor adjustments pending final reservations, but should occur around the dates as mentioned.
Design Thinking: Food System Connectivity in Design, Business and Agriculture
Experience the uniqueness of the holistic food system of Rome and its urban and rural sites, with the guidance of
local agri-business professionals, local food entrepreneurs, food journalists and students of teh Italian Institute of Design. The scope of the activities are designed to renew your understanding of the ecological, socio-cultural and business imporatance of food systems, and its complex connection betweenthe local and global parts. You will explore the origins of the Mediterranean diet and organic slow food at local farms and food markets, by visiting traditional producers of such foods as limoncello, gelato, patisserie, buffalo mozzarella and olive oil. Improve your skills by working in diverse teams, and practicing applying design thinking to uncover new sustainable solutions that meet people's, and our planet's needs.
- Get oriented with a Rome Scavenger hunt
- Meet a Michelin starred chef
- Visit a cheese production lab
- Tour a vineyard and winery
- Meet with experts in Food Design and Agri-Business Design
- Drive to the South of Italy - Cliento
- Explore the olive oil consortium production
- Take an excursion of Italy's sites