Duration of Program:
Travel Dates: May 29th to June 12th, 2018
*Travel dates subject to minor adjustments pending final reservations, but should occur around the dates as mentioned.
Experience how your studies at KPU interact with one of the world’s most dynamic cultures. This interdisciplinary field school challenges you to situate your background in trades, music, fine arts, languages, political science, or economics, to name but a few, within its theme of Music and Culture. Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites in Havana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad, trace the impact of the trans-Atlantic slave trade, and feel the influence of the African diaspora.
- Attend concerts in Havana, Cienfuegos, and Trinidad.
- Participate in Interactive workshops hosted by the professional artists.
- Attend lectures with prominent Cuban scholars.
- Tour sites of historical and cultural interest.
- Explore craft agriculture operations.
- Meet students and faculty from two Cuban fine arts schools.
- Bask in the tropical sun.