Duration of Program:
Arriving in Bogota: May 4th, 2018*
Return to Vancouver: May 20th, 2018*
*Travel dates subject to minor adjustments pending final reservations, but will occur around the dates mentioned.
Visit Colombia's Amazon Rainforest and experience its rich biological and cultural diversity. After a cultural tour of Bogota, you will travel south to the Calanoa Natural Reserve where you will engage in creative activities, trek and canoe into the forest, and learn indigenous knowledge from local guides and shamans. This 6-credit course and field school uses an interdisciplinary approach to explore themes of sustainability, conservation, community development, and indigenous perspectives.
- Learn about Colombia's history, culture, and current issues from local experts.
- Visit Bogota's museums, local markets, gardens, historical and iconic architectural sites, and more.
- Trek through the tropical rainforest and boat down the Amazon River.
- Search for river dolphins by the Peruvian shore.
- Tour indigenous villages and meet with shamans, local artisans, and master craftpeople.
- Engage in creative workshops including pottery making, drawing, photography, and so much more.