Get to know the locals of Holguín province, the birthplace of Fidel Castro. Live with a local family and experience day-to-day Cuban life. Meet with Cuban students and learn about the unique place Cuba occupies on the world stage. Experience picturesque colonial towns and traditional fishing villages in the Southern part of Cuba, a place where the beauty of the Caribbean meets the history of the Revolution. Spend a weekend in lively Havana where history and art permeate the streets. These are just some of things that you will have the chance to experience during the 2019 Cuba Field School.
You will develop your Spanish skills with guided lessons and put it to use everywhere you go. Guest lectures and local guides will provide you with a unique lens on Cuban history and culture. Make Cuba your classroom and apply now!
- Where: Holguín, Cuba
- When: May-June 2019 (4 weeks at Camosun, 2-3 weeks in Cuba)
- Partner: La Universidad de Holguín
- Courses offered: Six (6) UT credits in SOC & SPAN (Contact instructors for details)
- Cost: TBD
- Cost includes: Airfare, transportation, accommodation, most meals, medical insurance, and program excursions and events.
- Accommodation: Homestay
Deadline to apply: Monday, February 18, 2019
- Camosun International Field School Scholarship
- One World International Scholarships
- BCSA Stories from Abroad Study Abroad Scholarship