The Iceland field school examines how the physical and human geography of this island nation provide opportunities for alternative energy and sustainable development.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to earn 10 university-transferable Douglas College credits in only 7 weeks' time!
- GEOG 1120 - Earth Environments: Land and Water (4 lab science credits) - Faculty Kathy Runnalls
- GEOG 1190 - Regional Geography of the North Atlantic (3 arts credits) - Faculty Susan Smythe
- GEOG 2311 - Urban Environmental Sustainability (3 arts credits) - Faculty Mike McPhee
For more information on this exciting program to the land of fire and ice, click here!
Program Dates and Itinerary*
- Monday, April 29: Four weeks of classes at Douglas College
- Sunday, May 26: Group departs for Iceland
- Sunday, June 9: Program ends. Participants are free to return home, or start their personal traveling.
*subject to change
- Download a fillable application form*.
- Download a fillable academic reference form*. Two academic references are required as part of the application.
- A non-refundable $500 deposit is due at the time of application submission. Please pay at the New Westminster Campus Cashier's Office or the Coquitlam Campus Registrar's Office. Cash, debit card, cheque, and VISA and MasterCard credit cards are accepted.
*Save the blank form first before typing.
- Application: January 31, 2019. The program may fill before then so best to apply as soon as possible.
- Airfare booking and payment: Once we have the required number of successful applicants, students will be notified about how to book their flights through the appointed travel agent. Do not book flights before then. All students and faculty will depart Vancouver on the same flight. At the time of booking, students can let the travel agent know when, after the June 9th program end date, they wish to return.
- Program Fee and Tuition Fees payment: International Students - Monday, April 8, 2019 / Domestic Students - Monday, April 15, 2019
Douglas College welcomes applicants from other Canadian post-secondary institutions!
Make your application to Admission to Douglas College preferably before February 2019.
- An official transcript from the applicant's current institution is required as part of admission application.
- Admission application fees: $30.00 for domestic students / $100.00 for international students.
- If you are an international student, please contact our Front Desk at 604-527-5650 to ask if application for Summer 2019 is still open.
- If you are a domestic student, click here for more information on how to apply for admissions.
- After admission to Douglas College and acceptance to the field school, students will be registered in the field school's courses by the Registrar's Office sometime during the registration period, March 12-29, for Summer 2019.
Be sure to visit Douglas College for more information.
Faculty Kathy Runnalls - firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Mike McPhee - email@example.com
Faculty Susan Smythe - firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Engagement, Douglas College International - Karen Ng
email@example.com; 604-527-5844; Room S2805, New Westminster Campus